Educated at the University of Florida and Appalachian State University, with a Masters in Exercise Science, Russell Deane, M.S. is a trained Exercise Physiologist specializing in performance enhancement.
Russell is the director of athletic performance at XCEED Sports Performance, a personal training company located in Gainesville, Florida specializing in athletic performance enhancement. He is committed to providing the most scientifically advanced training for maximum athletic development. He utilizes the principles of modern strength and conditioning and advanced sports science to help clients achieve their athletic dreams.
Russell has trained numerous world-class professional athletes and collegiate All Americans. He has trained athletes in the NFL, NBA, ATP and WTA tennis players, Olympic Track and Field athletes. Previously, Russell worked in Strength and Conditioning at University of Oregon, University of South Florida, and at the United States Olympic Center.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Exercise Physiology
University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
Major: Exercise Physiology
Summa Cum Laude
- Master’s of Science degree in Exercise Science
Appalachian State University, Boone, North Carolina
Concentration: Strength and Conditioning
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- American College of Sports Medicine (Health Fitness Specialist)
- Fellow of Applied Functional Science (FAFS)
- ISSA Specialist in Sports Nutrition
- NG360 Nike Golf Performance Specialist
- USA Track and Field (Level I)
- USA Track and Field (Level II Jumps)
- Certified USA weightlifting (Level I)
- ZHealth R I S
- Med-X Certification for Cervical and Lumbar Rehabilitation
Published Strength and Conditioning Research
- Deane, R., J. Chow, M.D. Tillman. “Effects of Hip Flexor Training on Sprint, Shuttle Run, and Vertical Jump Performance.” Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. August 2005.
- Cormie, P., R. Deane, N.T. Triplett, J. McBride. “Acute Effects of Whole Body Vibration on Muscle Activity, Strength, and Power.” Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. May 2006.
- McBride, J., P. Cormie, R. Deane. “Isometric Squat Force Output and Muscle Activity in Stable and Unstable Conditions.” Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. November 2006.
- McBride, J., R. Deane, S. Nimphius. “Effect of Stretching on Agonist-Antagonist Muscle Activity and Muscle Force Output during Single and Multiple Joint Isometric Contractions.” Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports. February 2007.
- Cormie, P. R. Deane, J.M. McBride. “Methodological Concerns for determining Power Output in the Jump Squat.” Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. May 2007.